LAW & INNOVATION
Professional Title and Competent Chambers
Maximilian von Grafenstein LL.M. is a member of the Berlin bar (Rechtsanwaltskammer Berlin), the title “Rechtsanwalt” was conferred in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Professional Regulations for Lawyers
For work done by Maximilian von Grafenstein as a lawyer, the following professional regulations are relevant: Federal Lawyer’s Act (German Bundesrechtsanwaltsordnung – BRAO); Act on Lawyer’s Fees (Rechtsanwaltsvergütungsgesetz – RVG); Rules of Profession (Berufsordnung für Rechtsanwälte – BORA) Act on the Practice of European Lawyers in Germany (Gesetz über die Tätigkeit europäischer Rechtsanwälte in Deutschland – EuRAG); Professional Rules of Lawyers in the EU (Berufsregeln der Rechtsanwälte der Europäischen Union – CCBE)
Online Dispute Resolution website managed by the European Commission: www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
Value Added Tax Identification Number (§ 27a UStG) DE 54 891 031 725
Responsibility for Content
Responsible person pursuant to § 55 Rundfunkstaatsvertrag (RStV): Maximilian von Grafenstein LL.M., Jungstr. 29, 10247 Berlin
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
[As of May 2018]
In the context of the use of this website, personal data will be processed by us as the controller and stored for the duration necessary to fulfil the stated purposes and legal obligations. In the following, we will inform you about the data, the way in which they are processed and the rights you are entitled to. According to Art. 4 No. 1 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data are all information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Privacy Information
- Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
- Processing of personal data and purposes of processing
- Transfer of personal data to third parties
- Individual rights
- Information about your right to object according to Art. 21 GDPR
- Data security
- Up-to-dateness and change of this data protection explanation
1. NAME AND CONTACT DATA OF THE CONTROLLER FOR THE PROCESSING AND THE OPERATIONAL DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
This data protection information applies to the data processing on the website www.innovation-law.berlin by the controller:
LAW & INNOVATION
(in the following “Mauerschau”)
The data protection officer of Mauerschau is under the aforementioned address or at firstname.lastname@example.org reachable.
You can always contact our data protection officer directly if you have any questions about data protection law or your data protection rights.
2. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA AND PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
A. BY VISITING THE WEBSITE
You can access the website www.innovation-law.berlin without giving any information about your identity. The browser used on your device only automatically sends information to the server of our website (for example, browser type and version, date and time of access) to allow the connection to the website. This includes the IP address of your requesting device. This is temporarily stored in a so-called log file and automatically deleted after fulfillment of the purpose:
B. BY ORDERING OUR NEWSLETTER
If you have expressly consented to the GDPR, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, we will use your e-mail address to regularly send you our newsletter. For the receipt of the newsletter the indication of an e-mail address is sufficient. You can voluntarily provide further information about yourself (e.g. title, first and last name). We use this information exclusively to personalize the newsletter. You will then receive an e-mail registration notification, which you must confirm to receive the newsletter (so-called double opt-in). This serves as proof that the registration was actually initiated by you. The de-registration is possible at any time, eg. via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your request for being unsubscribed to email@example.com by e-mail. Your e-mail address will be blocked immediately after you will have sent your request.
3. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
Except in the aforementioned cases of processing on behalf of us, we will pass on your personal data only to third parties, if:
- You have given your explicit consent, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR;
- this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR;
- in the event that that the transfer is required on the basis of a legal obligation, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR.
The transferred data may be used by the third party exclusively for the stated purposes. A transfer of personal data to a third country (outside the EU) or an international organization is excluded.
5. YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You have the right:
- to withdraw your consent at any time, pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future;
- to request information about your personal data processed by us, in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can require information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of your right to complain, the source of the collected data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their functioning;
- to immediately demand the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored at us, in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, except in cases of processing for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims is required;
- according to Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, and you need the data for the exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing according to Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, standardised and machine-readable format or to request that it be forwarded to another person in charge;
- to complain before a supervisory authority, pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarters.
6. INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL UNDER ART. 21 GDPR
You have the right, at any time and for reasons of your own particular situation, to object the processing of personal data relating to you, pursuant to Article 6 para. 1 lit. e GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR (data processing for the purposes of a legitimate interest); this also applies to profiling as defined under Article 4 no. 4 GDPR. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the purposes of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims. If you object the processing of data for direct marketing purposes, we will stop this processing immediately. In this case, the specification of a particular situation is not required. This also applies to the profiling that is associated with such direct marketing purposes. If you would like to exercise your right of objection, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. DATA SECURITY
All personal data disclosed by you will be encrypted by using the generally accepted and secure standard TLS (Transport Layer Security). TLS is a safe and proven standard (e.g. which is also used in online banking). You will see a secure TLS connection, by the attached “s” at the http (ie https: // ..) in the address bar of your browser or the lock icon at the bottom of your browser. We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.